1. Entry into this raffle confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. This raffle is open to all residents of the Philippines who are:
a. over the age of 18
b. holders of a valid ID -- Government or Private-Sector -- issued in the Philippines.
c. are members of Gupo by having registered |here|
d. in agreement with Gupo's Terms and Conditions that can be read |here|
3. The Raffle commences on February 29, 2012 and will conclude or when Gupo's Facebook Fan Page (http://facebook.com/gupotayo) reaches 50,000 Likes.
4. To join the raffle, participants must:
a. Enter their valid email address, First Name, Last Name, and Contact number on the raffle registration webpage, or any part of the website http://gupo.com.ph where the raffle's banners appear.
b. click the "Like" Button on the Gupo Facebook Fan Page (http://facebook.com/gupotayo)
5. All existing members of Gupo before February 29, 2012 are eligible to win.
Qualification of Participants/Winners
6. SocialMedia Inc., the operator of Gupo, reserves the right to request winner to provide valid legal proof of identity, proof of residence address and/or proof that they own the winning email address in order to claim their prize. These may or may not be limited to official legal documents or identification cards such as birth certificates, drivers' licenses or printed email in their certified hard copy forms on the date of claiming.
7. SocialMedia Inc. retains the sole right to verify the validity of any raffle entry and to disqualify any entry which, in their opinion, is not valid or does not comply with the terms and conditions of Gupo and this raffle. SocialMedia Inc may also disqualify any entry which they believe resulted from conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or generally damaging to the reputation of the Promotion and/or Gupo.com.ph. A winner may also be disqualified if SocialMedia Inc. becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's is of a type described in this clause.
8. Employees of SocialMedia Inc., and their family members up to the second degree of consanguinity and/or affinity are disqualified from this raffle.
The Prizes, and the Selection of Winners
9. There will be one (1) Winner who will receive (1) Blackberry Bold 9900 . The price of the Blackberry Bold 9900 may vary, depending on its market release. Should there be any unforeseen problems that result in the unavailability of the above mentioned prize, SocialMedia Inc reserves the right to substitute the above mentioned prize for another prize of equal or greater value at any time during or after the raffle without disclosing whatever reason for doing so.
10. The winner will be determined:
a. at the end of the competition's promotional period, each valid entry received over the duration of the competition (as stated in statement 3) will automatically be entered into the raffle draw.
b. One valid entrant will be drawn at random via electronic raffle to become the winner.
*SocialMedia Inc. reserves the right to verify via phone and/or email all referrals under one person and to disqualify referrals that are, in their opinion, fraudulent in any way or were registered without the knowledge of the person.
11. The winner will have complete liability over the prize once the prize have left the premises of the SocialMedia Inc. office. SocialMedia Inc. will not be responsible for any damages or defects to the prize incurred after it has been claimed by the winner.
12. In consideration of SocialMedia Inc. awarding the prizes to the winner, the winner hereby permit their images, videos, and/or voices photographed or recorded by a representative of SocialMedia Inc. during the awarding of the winner's prize to appear in connection with Gupo or the advertising or marketing thereof in any media and that the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such usage. The winner also hereby permit SocialMedia Inc. to publish the said images, videos and/or voices recorded on the Gupo website and/or Gupo's Facebook Fan Page, whichever SocialMedia Inc. deems fitting.
13. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing or at the date the prizes are purchased by SocialMedia Inc.
14. Prizes are not convertible to and cannot be redeemed as cash.
Notification / Announcement of Winners
15. The winner will be announced through the Gupo Facebook wall. Winner should send us an email promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days from the date of the announcement of the winner using the exact same email address that he/she registered at the Gupo website with, or else the prize may be forfeited .
16. Prize will only be awarded and physically handed over to the account holder associated with the valid email address used to submit the winning entry. The winner should claim his/her prize in person at the SocialMedia Inc. office, during the claiming period advised in the instructions included in the email sent to the winner. The winner should bring the requested valid legal proof of identity, proof of address and/or proof of email address in their certified hard copy forms, as advised in the same email, on the date of claiming.
17. Winning entrant who, upon legal official confirmation are below the age of 18 years, will be considered void.
18. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify SocialMedia Inc. by email prior to any raffle draw. Should the winning entrants have failed to notify SocialMedia Inc. of any changes made to their contact details during the promotional period after the draw has been made, the prize will be forfeited and will be given to a new winner to be re-drawn at random on an undisclosed date thereafter.
19. SocialMedia Inc. reserves the right to hold the prize during the whole validation process, whether it may or may not be completed in the course of the same one (1) day of claiming, to confirm that the winning entrants, after appearing in person and having shown the required certified documents to prove the validity of their entry, has fully met and satisfied the terms and conditions of Gupo and the competition, before giving the prize to the winner.
20. The decision of SocialMedia Inc. in determining the winner of the competition, after all validations have been secured and that the terms and conditions of Gupo and of the competition have all been satisfied, is final. No correspondences regarding the competition result after this decision has been made will be entertained.
21. SocialMedia Inc. reserves the right to require the winner to sign a legal release in a form determined by SocialMedia Inc. in its sole discretion, before the winner can physically receive the prize.
22. In the case of external events or acts which prevent or significantly hinder SocialMedia Inc's ability to proceed with the competition as advertised, including, but not limited to, fraud, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, or acts of terrorism, SocialMedia Inc may in its sole discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
23. SocialMedia Inc. shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition and any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. SocialMedia Inc. is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment associated with or utilized in this competition or for any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
24. SocialMedia Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that SocialMedia Inc. has sufficient reason to believe has engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct designed to impair the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. SocialMedia Inc. retains all legal rights to pursue damages or other compensation from such an offender.
25. SocialMedia Inc. and their associated companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to computer problems, unauthorized access, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of SocialMedia Inc., which affect the administration, fairness or proper conduct of this promotion, Social Media Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who is involved in such unlawful and/or unauthorized activity. Subject to State Regulations, Social Media Inc. may accordingly seek to modify or suspend the competition altogether.